USB DMX controller

JLEvents

Hi all,

I tried to do a search for this but not sure if the search feature is working (I'm using an iPhone).

I'm looking for a USB DMX controller for mobile disco use and the odd event lighting hire. It's only to control a few Martin scanners that I'm currently controlling using an old 2510 playback controller.

I don't want to spend out on the likes of a lj or sunlite one as I don't think it'll be used to its full potential. Does anyone have any experience with the American Dj mydmx or similar cheapish ones on eBay?

Many thanks

Lee

I guess you want to use a PC or laptop to control your fixtures, in which case it's worth deciding a short list of software that fits the bill first, as not all software will work with all dongles.

MagicQ + chamsys own Magic DMX dongle is probably your lowest entry price route.Chamsys

I'll download and have a play tonight, 1 question though. The basic comes with a 3 pin XLR for has to be reset after 5 hours use and the full comes with a 5 pin XLR? All my fixtures are 3 pin well except some old Njd stuff that gathering dust, would I need to get a 3 pin to 5 pin converter for it?

If you have 3 pin kit, and buy the basic, then a 3 pin XLR will be fine.

If you buy the full version, then you'll need a 5 to 3 adapter, and not a 3 to 5 converter as you mention :)

Archived