Strand 520i going Berserk

miguelvicente

Hi!

Just been teching on a show and, suddenly, our Strand 520i started to show really odd behaviour:

When we press a key, the desk starts showing off a error message "Cannot accept that key here" and beeping like mad.

All keys seem to be clean and all seems clean on the inside.

No key seems to me stuck.

Any ideas???

Thank you

Miguel

OK then, from your original post, I gather that the console doesn't throw up an error message until you first press a key, correct? If so, what happens if you have the QWERTY keyboard plugged in and use a shortcut key on that, do you still get an error message?

OK then, from your original post, I gather that the console doesn't throw up an error message until you first press a key, correct? If so, what happens if you have the QWERTY keyboard plugged in and use a shortcut key on that, do you still get an error message?

It didnt seem to be prone to Madness when the qwerty was used. But I have turned it on with the qwerty plugged on and it immediately "crashed" into beep-mode.

Do you have a startup disk that you can use to start up into DOS instead of Genius Pro? If you can get to a command prompt, it should be fairly obvious if there is a problem key on the keyboard. You could also try running a 220clean from there, which quite often solves odd problems.

Have you tried plugging in another keyboard to check whether it's the desk or keyboard at fault? We had exactly this happen and the keyboard was stuffed - worked fine once we'd replaced it, even though there weren't any obviously stuck keys.

Archived