Stacking projectors

pedro.fonseca

I have a really difficult client that wants to know why do I have to put a projector on top of another instead of putting it on the side.

This seems a really stupid question but it has to do with scenery construction and space for the projectors.

I'm going for the lens proximity theory, but does anyone knows where I can get some theoretic support on this, like a withe paper or so?

Thanks

Most "big" projectors have between 30 and 50% vertical lens shift - that is, they can physically move the beam of light vertically between 30 and 50% of the height of the image it projects with minimal changes to the geometry. On the same hand, most will only have between 10 and 30% horizontal shift - and a lot of those projectors use manual shift for horizontal. Many have none at all.

There is nothing to stop side-by side stacking of projectors, it is just that as a general rule, vertical stacking is a lot more versatile - and most manufacturers make lovely little brackets that make sure the pair of projectors stay square with each other, making life so much easier.

Depends on the projector design... Most projectors are rear venting these days - finding side-venting projectors is becoming quite difficult (I was looking for some for an install about 9 months ago that needed to go on a small sill above a door, as far into it as possible. It was a difficult task)

If there's a mod passing by, could they please correct the typo in the thread title?? There's a world of difference between staking projectors and stacking them...

Moderation: There have been times that I've wanted to drive a stake through a projector, but this isn't one of them! Title changed.

Archived