Music for Talent Show

JCC1996

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should be posting this so apologies if I've made the wrong choice!

I'm running the sound for our school's talent show next week. As well as doing the backing tracks and the mics for the night, I've also to do the pre-show and interval music. I've got that sorted, but I've got one problem: I'm a bit stuck for what song to play when the winner is announced and goes onstage at the end?

Most of the acts are solo singers (some with instruments and some without), one is a dance act and one is a band.

Any ideas?

Joe

We do a similar thing at college, and I usually find a feel-good song from the charts and chop it from the 'climax' to the end. For example, one year I used My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson and chopped it to start at the bit where she sings a descant. Play it loud to go over the applause and you're sorted ;)

Just my 2p

Empathy with the style, genre and period of the music is the key. Life would suk wouldn't really work for somebody who'd just sung Pie Jesu, would it? I rather like the beginning of final countdown, but it wouldn't work for many things. Equally, you could find plenty of snippets of classical music for older style content.

People make the mistake of choosing their favourites, and not the most suitable. They're different!

Archived