Simple DMX controller with Joystick / Encoders

Tim gregory

I am looking for a simple DMX desk to control only one moving head.

I would like it to have either encoders or a joystick that controls both course P/T and fine P/T simultaneously.

My understanding of personality desks is that the P/T wheels do a whole 256 bits of fine P/T between each bit of the course channel.

Does anyone know of a simple (cheap & small) controller out there that has this feature. I am not interested if you have to switch between course and fine P/T.

Thanks,

Tim

Does anyone know of a simple (cheap & small) controller out there that has this feature. I am not interested if you have to switch between course and fine P/T.

Whilst I can't think of any controllers to suggest off the top of my head most desks I've used (admittedly at the higher end) use one encoder wheel for pan and another for tilt, the software in the desk translates the 16 bit value into the two 8 bit values for pan and pan-fine - as this isn't a complicated operation I'd have expected (hoped?) the cheaper controllers do the same...

Whilst I can't think of any controllers to suggest off the top of my head most desks I've used (admittedly at the higher end) use one encoder wheel for pan and another for tilt, the software in the desk translates the 16 bit value into the two 8 bit values for pan and pan-fine - as this isn't a complicated operation I'd have expected (hoped?) the cheaper controllers do the same...

Cheap controllers tend to have a simple joystick though. I do not know of one with encoder wheels.

Archived