Behringer LC2412

Hilary Watts

I've had this desk for a number of years and despite its shortcomings it has served me perfectly adequately on many occasions. However I'm now trying for the first time to program a memory using more than 12 channels and the procedure isn't covered in the manual. So far as I can work out by trial and error, in order to save a memory using both the Upper and Lower channels (eg channels 1 & 2 and 13 & 14) it is necessary first to save that memory while the desk is in 'Lower' mode and then to do the same again with the desk in 'Upper'' mode (ie with the UPPER switch (33) depressed).

To put it another way, it's as if each memory has two sections, one for channels 1-12 which will be saved while the desk is in Lower mode and the second for channels 13-24 which will be saved while the desk is in Upper mode.

To fade up the memory it is then necessary to ensure that the desk is in Lower mode, otherwise the 'B' faders simply seem to duplicate the 'A' faders rather than showing the stored memory.

If anyone can confirm the above or cast any more light on the procedure (pun intended!) I'd be most grateful. It was getting fairly late last night when I was experimenting and it's quite possible I've missed something obvious.

....and please don't suggest I get another desk - given the price I've been perfectly happy with the desk so far and it's very rarely that I get the opportunity to play with more than twelve channels of lighting!

This reply is from memory as I do not have access to the desk at the moment, so please forgive any mistakes!

As far as I remember, recording a memory will only record the current set (either upper or lower), so in order to record both, I think you need to record the first 12 channels (eg to memory 1), then reset the A section, press the upper switch and set up the next 12 channels. Recording to the same memory again (if it is memory 1-8) will overwrite its current contents, so to keep both halves of the state/cue, raise the respective B fader containing the first memory, and select "all" as opposed to "preset" when saving the memory for channels 13-24.

If the bank LED display is showing "P" the A and B banks will be duplicates of each-other, otherwise B faders should play their memory contents.

Hope that makes sense!

Walkthrough: (As I'm not confident I explained very well above!)

> Raise A,B and Main master faders

> Select the memory bank you wish to use (preferably blank for simplicity)

> Set up channels 1-12 in A(Preset) section

> Record Memory ( [MEMORY] > [FLASH1] > [sOFTA (Preset)] )

> Clear A(Preset) section

> Press [uPPER]

> Set up channels 13-24 in A(Preset) section

> Raise B(Memory) Fader 1

> Record Memory ( [MEMORY] > [FLASH1] > [sOFTB(All)] )

I hope that works!

David

Archived