Replacement mirrors for High End Technobeam

jona1984

I'm looking to buy a replacement mirror for a High End Technobeam fixture.

The original mirror was damaged and we found replacements to be extremely expensive (around $200 for a 10x5" mirror!) so we got a local company to cut us a replacement mirror for a fraction of the cost. Unfortunately when it arrived we found it was a lot thicker than the original High End produced mirror and this has obviously made it heavier and is putting unwanted stress on the moving head of the fixture.

Has anyone ever had to purchase a replacement mirror for one of these units or any similar? I'd be interested in hearing your suggestions! :)

glad to see your finally trying to replace it properly. I suspect you may find you need to replace the motor as well even if you manage to find the correct mirror as using the heavier mirror for as long as you have been doing may have damaged the current motor. good luck with the hunt.

Mark

glad to see your finally trying to replace it properly. I suspect you may find you need to replace the motor as well even if you manage to find the correct mirror as using the heavier mirror for as long as you have been doing may have damaged the current motor. good luck with the hunt.

Not true, it is impossible to damage a stepper motor like that. The only problem with using a mirror which is too heavy is that the motors will "drop step" and end up in the wrong position. This does not damage them though.

Archived