Camsys Magiq Question

bcb5000

I have recently been introduced to camsys magiq pc. After using it for a while I am wondering how to program a chaser or crossfade into the playbacks. I can use it as a submaster but still baffeld about how to put a cross fade through it.

Any ideas?

You could always wander up the road to the unit and ask somebody to give you a quick run-through. If you are using the faders as sub masters, then you have programmed something and pressed record, followed by prodding the button above the fader to enter it into that cue stack. If you want to do a crossfade to something else - record the something else stat onto the same fader, then if you press the select boon on that strip twice quickly, the screen will show you both of those cues - you can then experiment with adding times to see them fading in and out as one cue takes over from the previous.

Stick a few more in, then double click on cue and you can change it to chase. Change all the ones to chase and that fader, and bump button will run your chase - you also get the chance to set speeds by either direct typing or other ways you can access from that screen>

If you search for help - remember that it is chamsys and magicq - else your google efforts will fail.

paul

um, yes he does - hence the information in the panel to the left. We're lucky to have a couple of real 'get it from the horses mouth' people here on the Blue Room, and all of us with their products are extremely grateful to them for all the info they provide!

Ok

Moderation: Bradley, we're not big fans of one-word answers which don't add anything to the discussion here on the Blue Room. In future, please could you avoid posts of this type - only post if you have a question or something to add! Thanks, Anna (mods)

Did you read the FAQ at the site tvi675 directed you to?

http://chamsys.co.uk/faq#personalities

What do I do if the personality I want is not in the library?

The personality library currently contains over 1000 different personalities for you to use, however if there is a fixture which is not included, we will happily create a personality file for you. You can also use in the in-built personality editor to create your own heads. To request a personality please go to our bugtracker site.

Edit to Add: Actually, it seems that's a two-channel fixture ? Ch1. Intensity, Ch2. Strobe. Someone might be able to advise of another fixture that follows the same pattern or alternatively patch it as two generic dimmers.

There are three main methods. You can ask chamsys on the net and they will make one for you, or you find a similar fixture and edit this in the head editor turning it into a new head or you start from scratch. The DMX attributes in the manual will be enough to get you going

Archived