Remote - Martin ImageScan

The Phantom

Hi

I know this has been asked before but there haven't been any public replies to answer my question.

Does any know where we can aquire a remote controller for a Martin ImageScan? Tried the usual routes ebay etc. Any ideas appreciated!!!

Regards

Do you HAVE to buy one or could you just hire one ? I typed in ''remote control for Martin Imagescan'' on Google - and it brought up quite a few places that hire them.

Failing that, could you just not use a lighting desk or other to control it. For example, If you have a laptop or even a netbook handy, downloasd MagicQ ,buy the £10 dongle or the Full DMX dongle for £60 I think and control it that way! The personality is on there.

Or as a third option, try places like 2nd Hand Lighting or some of the big boys like WL, HSL, PRG. They may have a spare one kicking about they could sell you!

No I don't have to buy one but I'd like to add the internal memory so it doesn't take up channels on the desk but I'm not sure if that can be done without the actual remote from MARTIN!

I've checked the Martin e-shop and the Imagescan parts list on the Martin website and you cannot buy the memory module anymore. Are you sure that your one is missing, how old is your Imagescan? They were fitted as standard on Imagescans after January 1997. It's a small PCB, about 20mm by 20mm mounted onto 6 pole connector on the main board.

Ive got 1 remote for 3 scans, used to have 3, but as you only need one, you loose 2 pretty quick. From memory you need the remote to programme the internal memory as its a seperate mode from DMX. The scan remembers the programming when powered down, so you only need the remote once and they are available to hire easy enough. The imagescans not been made for years now so you might find it tricky to locate one, it might be easier to use a basic DMX moving light controller if you need to free it from your mai board.

The imagescans one of those products that did what it did very well , but obviously the small market got quickly saturated and there wasnt enough in it for Martin.

Archived