Accommodation for large cast

J Pearce

We are taking a large dance piece to a competition final in Portsmouth in June and are struggling to find accommodation for the night before.

We want to avoid a mega early start in Aylesbury so that the cast aren't tired for the show.

We'd need accommodation for around 65 cast (18 and under) plus staff. Local hotels are either too small or too expensive, and there are no big hostels in the area. We have a possible lead at the Uni, but we're waiting for more info.

Any ideas? We'd be happy to stop on route and continue the journey in the morning if we can get within an hour or two of Portsmouth.

This hostal would accomodate most of you. There's plenty of small hotels in that area to take the rest.

Other than that, the Uni is the most obvious place to try, and I think the hall they usually use for group bookings is only a few minutes walk from the Guildhall. It may also be worth talking to Chichester & Southampton Unis.

If it's the dance competition I think it is...the production staff are all from around Portsmouth and should be able to give you a heads up on where to get that many kids. As you're at the start of the tour, you've probably got a good chance of finding somewhere - just remember to book early as I think a few schools will be doing the same!

4 tour buses... park up at the venue... sleep all the way down and all the way back... happy days

At Portsmouth Guildhall? Chance would be a fine thing...

Uni will still be in session I would think. Have you tried the Navy????? (I am being serious) or any of the holiday camps on Hayling Island.

BTW That old Rock Challenge isn't still going surely....

We think we're sorted now.

The uni only finish a few days before we're down so they couldn't help. The hostels are either too far out or too small sadly.

Once our booking is made and confirmed I'll reveal my admin colleague's top secret solution, but until then...! Big thanks to all who offered suggestions :)

Yep, rock challenge is still going and very popular!

• 3 months later...

Now the trip has happened I'm allowed to reveal details (security etc).

We found sufficient beds and reasonable price at the Etap in Portsmouth. Would be happy to recommend them to anyone else in a similar position.

Also, we won :) and won best set design :D

Thanks for all the help.

Archived