Strand Password backup

LeeStoddart

I recently bought a second hand 550i. I didn't get any disk or paperwork with it. It is licences for a number of channels and attributes which is fine. My question is how do I obtain the password from the desk as a security measure so that if the hard drive dies I can rebuild and not loose the channels which have been purchased?

From a search of the BR I find references to passwords being supplied by Strand on a floppy and a file called STRAND.PAS in the 220OS directory.

If I copy this file to a floppy have I created an effective backup of the floppy that Strand sent when the current number of channels was purchased?

I recently bought a second hand 550i. I didn't get any disk or paperwork with it. It is licences for a number of channels and attributes which is fine. My question is how do I obtain the password from the desk as a security measure so that if the hard drive dies I can rebuild and not loose the channels which have been purchased?

From a search of the BR I find references to passwords being supplied by Strand on a floppy and a file called STRAND.PAS in the 220OS directory.

If I copy this file to a floppy have I created an effective backup of the floppy that Strand sent when the current number of channels was purchased?

To back up your password file, you go to Archive, then hit softkey 6 (Soft), softkey 1 (Save Password). You'll have to put in a blank floppy disk, then hit softkey 1 again to save the password file to the disk. In the event of a software reload, you can then reload this password file via the Load Password option.

Archived