Mode Electronics Tiger Pack DMX Dimmer

djmatthill

Hello ,

I have a little problem with a lighting installation that uses 5 Mode Tiger pack DMX Dimmers.

The Dimmers are controlled by DMX software , Showcad and have all been in installed and working fine for about 6 years. Recently we have an issue with one of the packs that

controls the house lighting (240v Transformer to 12v Down lighters).

Every so often the dimmer that supplies them pulse`s and strobes the output if they are dimmed to less that 50% output.

At first we thought it was a DMX cable issue or another DMX fixture or Dimmer pack transmitting "duff data" so we installed an Active DMX splitter on all Dimmer Packs and DMX FX /Par Cans / Scans etc... This DID NOT solve the problem..

We then trouble shooted the system and narrowed the issue to a control board in the Tiger Pack that supplies the house lighting - We took a board from another Tiger Pack and put it in the House Light pack and has NO problems..

Whilist I`m pretty sure the problem lies with the control board in that pack I wonder if anyone else has any advice I could try before we spend £400+ on a new board :(

Thank You

Matt

Have you spoken to Mode? We have found their service department very helpful and have sourced spare components from them (and even modified chips for our Mode Tiger to solve a problem using external Scenarios and DMX together).

Other than that the only problem we've had has been a couple of the incoming power feeds to the boards on the din rail terminals have become bad - no sign of arcing but they just weren't passing power - the channel would generally flicker and was measuring about 40V. Disconnecting and reconnecting them at the din terminal seemed to fix it.

Archived