Acer p5290 projector ailing

Johnno

We have an Acer P5290 DLP digital projector which we bought new about fifteen months ago. It has had about 350 hours of use on the lamp.

A regularly spaced grid of faint dark lines now cross the screen horizontally and there is a graininess to the rest of the picture. The lines are repeated evenly about nine times in the height of then screen.

Does anyone know whether this indicates a lamp change is needed, or is it likely to be a deeper fault?

Doesn't sound like a lamp issue to me.

More like a DLP fault probably caused by dirt / dust

It might get better if it is cleaned / serviced.

These cheap DLPs seem to go wrong very quickly, one of the drawbacks of scrimping on the original outlay. I'd recommend sticking to better brands in future, I prefer NEC, Sanyo, or Panasonic.. Yes they cost more than optima / acer / benq but they seemingly last a lot longer and are easier to find affordable servicing for.

its definitely not the lamp, sounds to me like the dlp chip is failing and as such is unrepairable with the replacement cost being uneconimic. However it should be under warranty so id get onto the manufacturer and request awarranty repair, they will doubtless bin it and give you another. All stuff breaks, its just a matter of how soon and how badly, the cheaper it is the sooner and worse...

Archived