Tool lanyards

Ryster

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells cheap lanyards for tools? I'm looking online and they all seem to cost around £15 for one lanyard, I was expecting to pay no more than around £5. They seem very expensive to me, with some retailing for £20-£25. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic about this? I don't want anything fancy, just a clip on either end to attach a podger or AJ etc..

Heres what I now use (Picked up from another BR member I think), a Plastic coated 10kg rated safety cable. Couple of dollars from my local suppliers.

Can go around the neck, stay permanently attached to your belt if your working at height and give you enough length to be able to use the tool, virtually indestructible.

As usual, go to Flints:

http://www.flints.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flints.co.uk%2facatalog%2f&WD=lanyard&PN=Safety_Lines_Tool_Lanyards.html%23a1_21SAFAR230G#a1_21SAFAR230G

Not quite as cheap as the £5 mark that you are after but still seem cheaper than what you have looked at so far. I have several and they are great quality. Often work at height with a lot of tools and you really need confidence that you're not going to start dropping things on people's heads!

As usual, go to Flints:

http://www.flints.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flints.co.uk%2facatalog%2f&WD=lanyard&PN=Safety_Lines_Tool_Lanyards.html%23a1_21SAFAR230G#a1_21SAFAR230G

Not quite as cheap as the £5 mark that you are after but still seem cheaper than what you have looked at so far. I have several and they are great quality. Often work at height with a lot of tools and you really need confidence that you're not going to start dropping things on people's heads!

Once you add VAT and delivery they all hit over the £15 mark as far as I can see. So sadly not cheaper than I've already seen elswhere. I'm acutely aware of the need to have tools attached to you when working at height, I just don't see why that needs to come at such a ludicrous price.

I've got those Ergodyne ones, looking back in my emails I bought them from AtSite.co.uk for £5.14 a piece ex VAT - I've got the barrel lock ones as they are easier to connect around hammers etc without loops to clip into.

It seems that the website isn't working at the moment - the phone no is 01782 454343

Often work at height with a lot of tools and you really need confidence that you're not going to start dropping things on people's heads!

One comment I'd like to make here, not aimed at anyone in particular: Tool lanyards are good, hard hats are good - neither is a substitute for not having people beneath work taking place at height. (*Especially* work complex enough to require lots of tools.)

Often work at height with a lot of tools and you really need confidence that you're not going to start dropping things on people's heads!

One comment I'd like to make here, not aimed at anyone in particular: Tool lanyards are good, hard hats are good - neither is a substitute for not having people beneath work taking place at height. (*Especially* work complex enough to require lots of tools.)

I'm thinking of situations when you're up a tallescope and need a quad spanner for locking off your focussing. Having people holding the 'scope is a good idea, having them wearing hard hats is a good idea and so is having your quad spanner on a lanyard.

Completely agree. Always follow the work at height mantra of Avoid, Prevent, Mitigate:

Avoid dropping things on peoples heads by not working above them.

Prevent tool droppage with lanyards

Mitigate the risk by having people below you wearing a hard hat

Archived