Edinburgh fringe

andpuds

We're taking a performance to the fringe this year, and are trying to insure ourselves. Does anyone have any idea what kind oif insurance we would need, and where we can get it from?

btw the play is "how I learned to stop worrying and love my toys" at Sweet, from the 9th

hmmm, not sure about the insurance but am also going up to Edinburgh this year and know that the insurance has been sorted. I'll ask the appropriate people and see if I can find you an answer. I suspect it may differ from show to show venue to venue etc so not sure how much help it will be.

Insurance that companies need to provide greatly depends on the venue, some will just need you to provide insurance to cover your staff, while some will want you to cover the whole venue.

It would be best to ask the venue managers directly, the Fringe society can probably give you some contacts with insurance companies, look at www.edfringe.com or www.edfringegroups.com

The show we are taking is called Corpus! its on for most of August, although I'll only be up there for a week. Its in one of the C venues, C -1 sounds familiar but wouldn't swear to it.

The show is basically a musical but since the one run of the show we have done in Leeds its undergone quite a few changes, mainly to make it shorter, so I'm not sure exactly what the finished product is going to be like. The rehearsals are in Leeds during June and July so will find out then. Was fantastic to work on in Leeds so hopefully will be in Edinburgh too.

Is anyone else heading up to Edinburgh during the festival?

Oh, I am actually the Production Manager at C, so I expect we will be meeting at some point.. I would sugegst to give zena a call in the office (020 8452 2550) or email info@cvenues.com as I don't know what our precise requirements are.

Richard

Archived