Fork lift Tranning

Hi

I have been looking for an all round course for fork lift Tranning. I have been looking for course but can see any that really fill what I am looking for.

I would be looking a reach, counter balance, all terrain and telly handler. I was wondering if anyone new of a good place which may be able to at least be able to do more than just the reach and counter balance in on Tranning program.

This can be anywhere in the uk but prefrable Scotland.

Thanks

Graham

Hi

I have been looking for an all round course for fork lift Tranning. I have been looking for course but can see any that really fill what I am looking for.

I would be looking a reach, counter balance, all terrain and telly handler. I was wondering if anyone new of a good place which may be able to at least be able to do more than just the reach and counter balance in on Tranning program.

This can be anywhere in the uk but prefrable Scotland.

Thanks

Graham

You will struggle to find it all on one course, the majority of people taking FLT courses are warehouse operatives and similar who have no need for all terrain or tele.

You will probably have to do them separately. Telehandler courses where they supply the tele are generally not that common, it is worth ringing round your local driving instructors as many will have licenses beyond cars, and you may be able to bung a local farmer a couple of notes to get 2 or 3 days running around a bit of his hard standing in his tele. If he's having a quiet period it's more than possible, most farmers are not 'well off' and will not turn down the opportunity to make a little bit of financial return on their expensive machinery.

If there is enough demand from people we are looking at putting on a telehandler course in the south of England, on one of our local farms. If I decide to go ahead with it I will post an ad on here formally.

Hi Graham

Most telehandler training courses nowadays are for CPCS (which they insist upon people working on building sites having). They take a week and have many goals post-training to complete. In terms of our industry you don't need or want it, but finding a non CPCS course is tricky.

Do you have experience already on any of the trucks? If you do, it gets a lot easier.

I would suggest you do a standard couterbalance & reach course, duration depending on your experience, 2 to 5 days, which covers all the theory in depth. As they are the common ones they are cheaper obviously, and run regularly.

If you have sufficient experience you can then convince most tele/all terrain places to do you a refresher course using the theory you'll already have, and experience you have too. To do full training with no experience is about a week on both machines.

Whatever happens, even a basic telehandler refresher is 5 hours approx, as there's so much you need to demonstrate/do, and it'll set you back around £500. A similar time frame and cost for all terrain.

Basically, you will struggle to do it all at once. And if you have no experience it's a lot of time and money.

Go to Servatruc in Nottingham, they will do your counterbalance at a reasonable price & then book in for a conversion course which costs the same as the day rate for Counterbalance. Takes 1 day for conversion

You will never use reach in this industry, get a Counterbalance B2 if possible, then any of the Telehandler tickets although 12m boom is preferable

Archived