blood recipes

lewis t5

I am a student studying Production arts lv 3 diploma at Bransley college and I am creating a stage make-up folder and was wondering if any one had any good blood recipes I could use in it.

Welcome to the Blue Room. If you have a browse around, you will find that we're not too keen on doing people's homework for them. You'll get a much better response if you do some research and find a few different recipes for yourself, then ask to see if people have used any of them, and what their opinions are of them.

On this note recently I spotted on amazons grocery bit "blood" energy drinks / prop type things. Got me thinking what the consistency would be like. http://www.amazon.co...27372013&sr=1-1

thank youi

I have search google already and found many blood recipes and was just asking if any one had ones that they have fond useful in there experiences I was not asking you to do my home work I am much able to do that my self,

OK, I'll give you one handy hint - I don't have a specific "favourite" blood recipe, I've always tended to use the stuff which you buy from stage makeup suppliers ready-made, but if you add a few squirts of stain remover, it makes it much easier to wash blood out of costumes. I worked on a show where a character was crucified (he was convinced he was Jesus Christ) and we used gallons of blood; it got all over the costumes, some of which were white. But because we'd added stain remover, it washed out really well (and it helps to get the bloodied costumes into a bucket of cold water ASAP).

OK, I'll give you one handy hint - I don't have a specific "favourite" blood recipe, I've always tended to use the stuff which you buy from stage makeup suppliers ready-made, but if you add a few squirts of stain remover, it makes it much easier to wash blood out of costumes. I worked on a show where a character was crucified (he was convinced he was Jesus Christ) and we used gallons of blood; it got all over the costumes, some of which were white. But because we'd added stain remover, it washed out really well (and it helps to get the bloodied costumes into a bucket of cold water ASAP).

any help I am thank full for

Quite a fan of green washing up liquid and red food colouring, it did us fine for the same reasons as above - it's mainly soap so doesn't stain too much. It's very much a take X amount of washing up liquid, drip and stir food colouring in until you reach desired colour.

Clearly not suitable for situations where it needs to be edible

Rory

Archived