Strand 300 service advice

nkuhlman

Hello all. The GO X1 button on my 300 series console has gotten flaky. Seems not to be a unique problem having done just a quick scan of the forum posts about this desk. I'd like to get into the case and have a look, understanding the risks that entails. I'm located in Greece; the authorized service agent appears to be no longer in business.

Most basic question is, the fasteners on the console control panels appear to be screws, yet turning them with a screwdriver appears to have no effect. Consequently seeking advice on how to get the case open without damaging it.

Thanks to all of you.

Nathan E. Kuhlman

Theatro Argo, Athens

www.argotheater.gr

RE: the black screws on the face panel- They're not very good useless . I found gentle prying with a suitably small flat head screwdriver got the front off a fader panel that I had to open recently.

On your Go button point, a temporary fix would be to remap the key via the config files to the GOx2 button!

Ian

Edited to add:

Front of panel, showing black plastic 'screws' in four corners (note, I've already removed it from the frame!):

http://www.irwdesign.com/br/strandpanelfrontsm.jpg

Photo showing what is on the other side of the black 'screws':

http://www.irwdesign.com/br/strandpanelbacksm.jpg

I normally use a small stud/screw extractor which does the trick. Twist it in anti clockwise until it bites then keep twisting and gently pull at the same time.

Failing that, a snug fitting cross head and a scalple blade down the edge of the screwhead whilst twisting the screw also helps.

K

Ian,

Thank you for your reply. I have occasionally wondered whether it would be feasible to use the GO X2 button instead. This seems like probably the quickest and safest solution. I am unfamiliar with the more esoteric functions of the console; is the key mapping done within the strand software, or in some kind of .BAT file that loads during startup, or where should I be looking for this?

Thanks again.

Nathan

Hello all. The GO X1 button on my 300 series console has gotten flaky. Seems not to be a unique problem having done just a quick scan of the forum posts about this desk. I'd like to get into the case and have a look, understanding the risks that entails. I'm located in Greece; the authorized service agent appears to be no longer in business.

Most basic question is, the fasteners on the console control panels appear to be screws, yet turning them with a screwdriver appears to have no effect. Consequently seeking advice on how to get the case open without damaging it.

Thanks to all of you.

Nathan E. Kuhlman

Theatro Argo, Athens

www.argotheater.gr

Archived