LD mikes!

MisterJames

Its nothing urgent but... I was looking at some in ear monitoring for singers and I saw LD did a MEI 100 - Also had a browse of their microphones.

Has anyone had any experience of them? either mikes or in ear?

Makes I normally use are Sennheiser & Trantec. But need something more cheap due to budget but don't want to lose the quality

I've used some in the past and they were utterly utterly dreadful...... a good inexpensive system I tried was the JTS IEM2 system.... here's a link

One thing to note with the JTS system is that (unless I have misunderstood the spec sheet) it transmits on Channel 70 only. This range of the spectrum is likely to be pretty crowded in future, and if you are looking at wireless IEMs it stands a good chance that you already have a few radio mics around.

You can only accommodate four systems in Channel 70 (unless you are using newer systems all from the same manufacturer, e.g. Sennheiser G3 or some of the newer Trantecs), in which case you can manage six.

a band I work with often use an MEI100 for their lead vocalist - a dream compared with the floor wedge alternative and appears good quality to me in terms of reception but then the distance is never more than 10 metres and I haven't th experience to compaire it with others - check the frequency ranges tho - my understanding is there is one pack marketed for the UK and one pack for Germany that is significantly cheaper but not suitable for use here (can't remember the cannels it uses off top of my head).

Hello All, JTS dont look bad actually... not really come across their name but it looks from the spec to be better than the LD system.

Has anyone come across Chord IEM16 In ear monitors as well? Someone told me about them today and I had a look and they too don't look too bad? - This is the problem they is so much out there you never know which ones?

I have a JTS IEM set and it's excellent. Reception is stable and sound quality is very good indeed. (I've even used it as a remote feed to fill speakers at a widely spread out outdoor gig!) The most impressive thing is the build quality - both transmitter and beltpack are really solid. The knobs on the beltpack are ergonomic and not "loose", so they won't get accidentally moved when the singer gyrates about.

The earphones that came with mine are OK, but probably worth getting either custom ones made, or ER-6 or similar, for better definition sound.

With the reservation about Ch 70 only operation (after 2012 anyway) it's a top piece of kit and won't disappoint at this price level.

PA

Archived