How to make a phone flash in an actors pocket

BrianHope

Well if it was me doing it... I'd get a toy phone or gut a real one and put in an illuminated panel with graphic if needed and have it run off internal batteries with a simple switch for the actor. That way it would perform reliably on cue and be bright enough to sell the effect on stage. The audience don't care that they can't see the display working. All they see is a glowing phone getting pulled from the actors pocket. If it's bright enough to shine on the actors face that's even better.

Well if it was me doing it... I'd get a toy phone or gut a real one and put in an illuminated panel with graphic if needed and have it run off internal batteries with a simple switch for the actor. That way it would perform reliably on cue and be bright enough to sell the effect on stage. The audience don't care that they can't see the display working. All they see is a glowing phone getting pulled from the actors pocket. If it's bright enough to shine on the actors face that's even better.

I'm not sure my technical capabilities run to being able to do that!

Archived