Avolites History

kevinsysum

Why do you want to know? is that your desk in the pic?

We've got a prototype pre 80 desk knocking around if you're at all interested.

Have you tried Avo's office? Steve Warren may have some stuff on it.

730 doors - NEET (National Exhibition of Entertainment Technology) would be very interested in your prototype.

Richard Bunting

PRG

• 3 weeks later...

Yes thats my Avo in the pic - Im doing an embedded analgue to DMX conversion for it and restoring it to its former glory. From my understanding it was a custom built 72 channel model. I also have a 96 channel later model and I am interested in its history. I have contacted Avolites and they are less than forthcomming with any information. Im not even sure how to operated it! The restoration and conversion is comming along nicely though.

Kevin Sysum

(University of Derby)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin

I am not sure who you talked to at avolites. Most frontline persons will not know the 8100 and its derivates at all. let alone know who to ask if data is needed.

We have some data which I can copy and send if you want to. but do not think that it is comprehensive.

One of the biggest problems you will find is getting the legacy parts

needles to say we do not stock spare items anymore.

I know this from person experience when I refurbished one back in 1991...so 2005 good luck

J.B.Toby

Product Designer

Avolites limited

184 Park Avenue Park Royal

London NW10 7XL UK

Tel +44(0)20 8965 8522

Tel +44(0)20 8965 0290

email: jb@avolites.com

• 1 year later...

Hi, I just found this site and hope someone actually reads these posts.

I also have come into posession of an avolites 80-100 or 8100 lighting desk. I am looking for an operators guide or any other info on setting the desk up for use.....output connections, etc..

It's a 96 channel unit and it's huge. All I have is a small booklet titled "technical notes-confidential"

which has some in-depth schematics but no user type info..........

I found photos of these units on an avolites web site and a reference to lighting designer Ken Coker.

I have not yet discovered what his connection is or was with these consoles/desks....HELP PLEASE!

Archived