Room acoustics

mervaka

with respect to stage area, I'm not expert but I guess the point is to stop it behaving like a speaker box, so while the density of the insulation may help the key, I suspect is to stop the stage being a box or at least stop it being a large box.

another approach may be to stop contact vibrations - with machinery I would use a rubber mat and if I were being thorough I would make sure that the mat was selected for relevant harmonic properties. here, being less thorough you may find a rubber products company that make mats for machine isolation (usually more than 5mm thick) or a rubber sales co. (most large towns have one) that sell in rolls or sheets, there is though, I admit, a degree of trial and error to this approach. I wanted to use my rubber snake mat (used for covering over cables) on the back line the next time I go back to one of these venues, if I can, just to see if isolating the back line helps.

Archived