Looking for info on a Coemar Microscan 250

Mystic

I am in the process of buying a pack of 4 Coemar Microscan 250 MSD (as said by the vendor), however I don't have many details on the projector itself (and the vendor seems not to know very well). I searched the web but found no evidence of existence of a coemar microscan using a 250 MSD(most seem to be 400MSR of 575HMI). I also could drive to see the thing by myself but it's like a 4 hour drive, so I'd like to be sure it worth it before I go.

Here comes my question : Does anyone of you have any information on this projector ? like number of colors ? gobos ? speed ? DMX patch ? global opinion ? etc...

Thanks,

ps: please, this is not another ebay flamming post ;)

Here comes my question : Does anyone of you have any information on this projector ? like number of colors ? gobos ? speed ? DMX patch ?  global opinion ? etc...

Assuming it's similar to the Microscan 400 msr, it'll have pan, tilt, 5 gobos (and scroll), 4 colours (plus open white and scroll), strobe at about 6 speeds and a control channel for lamp on/off.

If you want definitive info though, your best bet is to get in touch with Coemar themselves - they've tended to be pretty helpful with anything I've needed for any discontinued Coemar or TAS kit.

Right I have spoke to some realible sources, and they only seem to recall a 575/2 and a 575/3, Are 100% sure its not a Mini Ultra scan 250MSD??  becasue they were made by TAS!

Well the vendor said it was coemar... but I may have to double check. he said there was "around 6 colors and gobos", it seems the TAS has many more, so it might not be this one... I'm polling the vendor also to try to get more infos. I also asked this to coemar and I'm waiting for an answer.

thanks for everything.

Ok I got some news.

First coemar asked from which country I am from (france), I answer right away and since then no news... waiting...

I also had the exact writing on the projector, it says :

Coemar micro scan 500/650 al     cod 4218      Max lamp 650 th     Base GY 9,5

the GY9,5 could mean either MSR400 or MSD250 (ok we don't go further)

But if the 500/650 means the power consumption is around 650 watts this could mean the projector is a MSR400 (and so it might be a real Coemar microscan...

Well if this abstract line of code means something to one of you, thanks, if not I think I'll take the car sooner or later to drive 300Km to see the projector really (and eventually buy it).

thanks

I also had the exact writing on the projector, it says :

Coemar micro scan 500/650 al     cod 4218      Max lamp 650 th     Base GY 9,5

It has been a wile since I heard anything about this scanner, and I don't have any brochures handy, but I do belive this is a scanner that uses a Halogen bulb. and you can choose between a 500 and 650 W bulb.

Also bear in mind that spare parts for this old discontinued fixture might be troublesome if you should need it! (and expensive)

Spantax

LampettGeneralen

I have a Coemar product brochure here from May 1992.

It lists a "Micro Scan 500/650 AL" fixture, code 4218.

The spec is:

- 5 colours

- dimming

- 0 - +10V or DMX control

- 5 gobos

- DMX on 3 pin XLR

- pan 170'

- tilt 110'

the compatible lamps are listed as:

500W AL M/40

500W AL T/25

650W AL T/27

There's not much more information than that, but if you'd like a scan, PM me.

They also list a Micro Scan 400 MSR with similar specs apart from the lamp (obviously).

There's no 250MSD version in this particular brochure.

Hope this helps,

Tom

I have a Coemar product brochure here from May 1992.

It lists a "Micro Scan 500/650 AL" fixture, code 4218. 

The spec is:

- 5 colours

- dimming

- 0 - +10V or DMX control

- 5 gobos

- DMX on 3 pin XLR

- pan 170'

- tilt 110'

500W AL M/40

500W AL T/25

650W AL T/27

There's not much more information than that, but if you'd like a scan, PM me.

They also list a Micro Scan 400 MSR with similar specs apart from the lamp (obviously).

There's no 250MSD version in this particular brochure.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Good Luck with them, I have not enjoyed my time with Coemar kit so far, just a personal view point.

500W AL M/40

500W AL T/25

650W AL T/27

what is this kind of lamp ? I'm never seen such a reference (and even my lamp dealer does not have it). is it discharge or just halogen ?

Good Luck with them, I have not enjoyed my time with Coemar kit so far, just a personal view point.

what do you mean ? does coemar have a bad reputation here ?

many thanks to all of BR users because I was stuck and now I know a more about this scan (but more knowledge also means more questions :) ).

500W AL M/40

500W AL T/25

650W AL T/27

what is this kind of lamp ? I'm never seen such a reference (and even my lamp dealer does not have it). is it discharge or just halogen ?

They're fairly ordinary halogen lamps, with a GY9.5 base, as used in lots of modern 500W/650W theatre lights - CCT Minuette range, Strand Preludes etc. The T series lamps are theatrical application, while the M/40 is a display version (longer life, slightly lower output).

500W AL M/40

500W AL T/25

650W AL T/27

They're fairly ordinary halogen lamps, with a GY9.5 base, as used in lots of modern 500W/650W theatre lights - CCT Minuette range, Strand Preludes etc. The T series lamps are theatrical application, while the M/40 is a display version (longer life, slightly lower output).

Ok, I realize how stupid was my question (as I have a CCT minuete) but the "AL" sounded tricky to me.

Archived