Extended SCART lead use

Hal

I wish to extend an LCD TV (panasonic TX32) some 10M away from a DVD / TV tuner source - ie the LCD TV will be just used a picture receiver.

I am hesitant to say that money is no object, but the picture quality must be 100%, so a 'few quid' is certainly available for this.

I see a Nikkai Pure Connectivity 10 metre lead on Maplins which has all the credentials - is this as good as it gets, or does anyone have experience of anything better?

Help appreciated, regards.

Don't get conned by high spec leads. Comp video is pretty robust, for 10m you wouldn't get away with bell wire, but...

I can't see that specific cable in the MPS book, but CPC sell 10m leads from £6.68 to £26 ex VAT. Any of these should do.

I wish to extend an LCD TV (panasonic TX32) some 10M away from a DVD / TV tuner source - ie the LCD TV will be just used a picture receiver.

Help appreciated, regards.

You say that picture quality is most important, so I would advise not doing it in composite (especially not with bell wire). By all means use a scart lead, but make sure it is fully populated (all pins are connected) but set your DVD player and lcd TV to RGB, as this will give you a better quality picture

CPC do indeed do a selection of leads and I have used them up to 20m without problem (apart from the connectors falling out, but then that’s what scarts do).

Pat

Archived