Pearl 2004 problem

JDLX

Hi folks

During plotting this evening I have encountered quite an unusual problem with our pearl. 4 of our robe colourspot 700s suddenly starting exhibiting the symptoms of a blackout during pan/tilt as well as doing a random strobe in some cues when it is not set in any effects or attributes. It is only 4 out of 16 of the same fixture that are doing this. They do this with no playbacks or anything else live.

I have tried a reset of the desk to no avail. I will attempt a show save and a wipe all after the show has finished, but in the mean time does anyone know what this problem is or how I might go about solving it?

Thanks

Joe

Sounds more like the DMX mode set on the fixture does not match the mode patched on the Pearl. Just looking at the manual, if the fixtures have been accidentally set to Mode 6 with the desk patched as mode 1-4 then the "special function" channel maps to the "tilt fine" channel which could cause what you are seeing (though other weird stuff would happen too).

Archived