Sennheiser EW300 G3 power up state

Andrew Edwards

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Perhaps I should clarify a little.

I expected the G3s to come on to whatever state they were in when the power was killed just like the G2s. However, regardless of whether they were in standby or not when the power is killed, the G3s I have come back fully on when power is restored.

How does one power off from the source? I can only put my units in standby with any of the buttons. The only way I can power off completely is by pulling the wall wart out.

It is only a minor annoyance that they do not come back on into standby when I fire up our PA power. I have 2 units in our main rack which I always have to turn to standby if I'm not using them. (the rest are separate and power is only applied when required).

Having read the instructions again, they are actually a little ambiguous. They say plugging the power in causes the standby button to be backlit in red. As it is red whether on or in standby then I suppose this could be construed to fit the actually behaviour.

ho hum.

Archived