M7CL Stagemix app

Dan Appleby

Hi all,

Having a few problems with this, in that it the app keeps losing connection with the desk since I upgraded my iPad to iOS 5... I have read the post on the stagemix facebook page and yamaha website and have followed all their recommended steps (entering the router IP adress or using DHCP) but still seem to be having issues . The longest I have been able to hold a connection for is 5 minutes, and all that time I was no more that 10 metres away from the router. Anyone else having similar problems?

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using a wireless router rather than a wireless access point to connect to the desk - would this make a difference? I'm pretty useless when it comes to networking (I understand the basics)!

Any help much appreciated.

In theory, the only difference that should arise is the presence of a DHCP server. You're not actually using the router functionality if you aren't plugging anything into the red side (where your ADSL/cable plugs in). A wireless access point is merely a bridge.

Hi Dan, we use a combination of access points/routers with ours. I've noticed issues recently, and I'd not put it down to the update to OS5, but now I think about it, I think it has come about since then. Perhaps just coincidence but worth looking into, I know someone who has yet to update to OS5 so I'll get them to link it and see if it makes a difference in a given scenario. I've changed the channel and try and find the best, but it's a bit like wireless mics really, so many channels but they all affect eachother to a point.

Interesting point to raise. We used to have no trouble at all, sometimes fairly stable controlling a monitor board whilst at FOH or the other way around, and larger distances too. But recently it's been a bit temperamental, we've put it down to the venues having a lot going off in that area but maybe you're onto something.

Rob

The iPad I had on hire last week didn't want to work at all. It would get sync'd then disconnect within a minute or so, some times almost instantly. I tried every channel on the access point but it didn't feel like working at all. In the end it didn't sync after being sat there syncing for 2 hours so I gave up. I'm not sure what OS version it was on but it definitely wasn't in a good mood.

I haven't used the Stagemix extensively but the last time I did the desk crashed,

I had no control of faders on the actual surface although the screen continued to function. Had to power cycle the desk to get it to come back.

Anyone else had this issue?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
I have found different Routers seem to fix the issue. I have swapped my router on the M7 for a Netgear and the issue has disappeared. Using the airport express isn’t great as I found out the other week. But these problems have been starting since the IOS upgrade.

I haven't used the Stagemix extensively but the last time I did the desk crashed,

I had no control of faders on the actual surface although the screen continued to function. Had to power cycle the desk to get it to come back.

Anyone else had this issue?

Mark

Mark this has apparently been fixed with a firmware update (3.52 onwards if I remember correctly).

Evan

Archived