DDX3216 Monitor Mixing

CharlieH

Hi,

I bought a Behringer DDx3216 Digital Mixer a few months ago, and I am very happy with it (other than the Behringer pre amps, but I may replace them when I get the money). I saw in this thread (post no.5) that Noiseman mixes monitors on the second layer of faders, which I would very much like to be able to do.

I can assign inputs 1-16 to channels 17-32, that is not a problem. What I currently can't do is set the outputs of channels 17-32 to be anything other than the main output. I need them to be coming out one of the Multi Outs.

Does anybody know how you configure the desk to do this? I have a few gigs coming up that I would like to use this setup for. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Many Thanks,

Charlie

Channel routing, page 22 of the manual, to get the channel outs onto a bus. Then route the busses to the multi-out(s).

I'm only looking at the manual, I;'ve never used one of these, but it appears that you may opr may not be able to disconnect a channel from the master out. if you cant, you'll need to mix to a bus too.

Thanks. I tried that, and I could route the second layer to the multi outs but they also came out the master. I have just found the option to stop them going to the master (in the routing page), so it's working now.

Thank you for your help,

Charlie

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im not sure if im playing silly buggers with myself but theres something not clicking in my head. I would love to mix monitors on faders as the knobs are far to imprecise.

I can route them to a bus(s) but how do you then individually select the busses?

G

If its like many other digital desks, you select the output (ie the aux you are mixing to), and then the channel faders become the sends.

This is the opposite way up for most actions, where you select the channel, then what to do with it.

Route inputs 1-16 to both fader layers, then on the second layer deselect the main outputs (in the routing window). Set up a post fade aux send on every channel set to 0db, and route this aux send to one of the multi-outs on the back. Then as you adjust a fader, it adjusts the monitor mix. Only gives you 1 mix though, so if you need numerous monitor mixes then you need to use the standard aux sends on knobs like normal :)

Archived