clay paky 1200 washes forgetting CMY setting

gnomatron

We've got half a dozen clay paky alpha wash 1200s on hire on the tour I'm on at the moment, and they keep forgetting their CMY setting. They'll boot up and act as if they're in RGB mode, despite the displays saying they're in CMY mode. Manually setting CMY on on the unit makes them behave properly, but it's a right pain climbing the truss every day to do it. (or rather watching my colleague climb the truss while I climb a ladder, but anyway...). All 6 units do this, though not consistently - sometimes only one will misbehave, sometimes all of them, sometimes 2 or 3.

They remember DMX addresses and other settings fine.

Any ideas?

There's only a week left on the tour and we're in ireland whereas the supplier is in england, so at the moment it's easier to live with it - it's more of an annoyance than a major problem. I guess it's maintenance related as we've had the units out for getting on for 8 months now.

Can't just go with the flow because it's an intermittent problem - somewhere between 1 and 5 of the units do it on a daily basis.

There's only a week left on the tour and we're in ireland whereas the supplier is in england, so at the moment it's easier to live with it - it's more of an annoyance than a major problem. I guess it's maintenance related as we've had the units out for getting on for 8 months now.

Can't just go with the flow because it's an intermittent problem - somewhere between 1 and 5 of the units do it on a daily basis.

what?? if these are coming from a decent hire company I would be on the phone straight away!! once, of course you have done all the normal "easy fixes"..

if the lights were definatly the issue, and upto 5 of them were playing up on one of my shows, I would want replacements out to me where ever I was in the world (or of course, me to hire some in locally under the understanding the company would foot the bill)

what?? if these are coming from a decent hire company I would be on the phone straight away!! once, of course you have done all the normal "easy fixes"..

if the lights were definatly the issue, and upto 5 of them were playing up on one of my shows, I would want replacements out to me where ever I was in the world (or of course, me to hire some in locally under the understanding the company would foot the bill)

Seconded - they should sort it no matter where you were ...

Also worth giving Clay Paky themselves a call, they're very helpful even when I'm having problems with 10+ year old movers - a current model they should be even happier to support I'm sure ;-)

Archived