Sweeney Todd chair

WiLL

So I got bored of being told either " sorry our tipping barbers chair is on hire that week already" or "yes we have one but it doesn't tip or anything".

So I built one myself. Mostly 18mm ply construction with some ironwork for hinges and pivot rods etc. Designed to tip the victim feet first through a trapdoor in the floor. So far only tested on responsible people with success, yet to give it over to the dimwitted cast (gulp).

What do you think?

sweeney chair

• 5 weeks later...
I'm not really looking to hire it out as I don't really have the time to commit to the admin involved or the space to house the chair on a permanent basis. I AM looking to sell it, either to a props hire company or anybody who gives me a decent offer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Do have any plans that you used to build this chair ?

sorry to say it was mostly scribbled out on scraps. Used a scale ruler and compass to work out the required sizes of panels etc so it would flip from seat to slide smoothly. And an awful lot of 'try it and see' method come actual construction time.

I no longer haqve the scraps of paper.

• 1 month later...

Archived