Patt 743 Repairs

fireball40k

Over the summer I have been involved with cleaning and repairing the entire stock of fixtures at our local Arts Centre in Evesham.

I'm down to the last stragglers, of which one is a barndoor for a 743. The bit that's missing is one of the four little brass rollers that allow the doors to revolve.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these or something similar?

Also, I need to find eight 743 gel frames and about twelve gel frames for Patt 803/813/814/823 (I think they're all the same size for those four). Does anyone know of a source of such things that fits in with arts centre-type budgets (i.e. close to sod-all)?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Don't know about the brass rollers, but you can get Patt 743 colour frames here for £9.00! Don't know about the other four, but if you could find the size of them, you could always enquire about a gel frame of the same size (i.e. not made specifically for any lantern). If that fails, you could try fleabay...!

Hope this helps (and I didn't know there was an arts centre in Evesham!)

Cheers,

Max J

... I didn't know there was an arts centre in Evesham!

It's well hidden; you have to really want to find it. (It's attached to Prince Henry's High School in Victoria Avenue - but don't tell anyone I told you, OK?).

Thanks for the gel frame info.

Steve

The cheap doors for 123/743 lanterns are not a patch on the quality of the old Strand kit (Strand really was worth the premium in those days). I've repaired them in the past with cunning use of different sized washers; not as good as the rollers, but obtainable!

Archived