Psm 900 in ears

LeroyOZ

Hello all,

I have recently started using in-ear monitoring and have been very impressed. I started with Shure PSM 700's and then once I received positive feedback from the bands I bought a PSM 900 with two receivers. My question is this: on the 700 series when using two receivers in mixmode, I can provide two sends of foldback from the single transmitter and the performers just pan hard left and hard right. With the 900 series it seems that panning hard left or right does not fully cut the other side from the mix. Is there a solution to this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have recently started using in-ear monitoring and have been very impressed. I started with Shure PSM 700's and then once I received positive feedback from the bands I bought a PSM 900 with two receivers. My question is this: on the 700 series when using two receivers in mixmode, I can provide two sends of foldback from the single transmitter and the performers just pan hard left and hard right. With the 900 series it seems that panning hard left or right does not fully cut the other side from the mix. Is there a solution to this?

Hi,

The P9RA which was recently introduced allows for you to do this. The original P9R had a maximum pan of -20dB left or right.

Besides the improved MixMode seperation, the P9RA is rechargable and uses similar Lithium Ion cells as found on the Axient gear. PSM1000 also allows for complete seperation in MixMode.

I hope this helps.

Tuomo - Shure UK

Archived