Lighting Plan Design

damobarrowafc

First of all sorry for adding a new topic but couldnt find any answers searching on here and on the "net"

I am looking for a 2D lighting plan software I have included a picture for a similar design

I created the below one on the free version of microsoft office called openoffice this isnt really drawn to scale or "easy" as you have to hit space bar etc for the gaps between numbers

Is there any program out there that can do this?

Also could it add lanterns?

Cheers

DamoBarrowAfc

http://postimage.org/image/k413rilg/

are you looking for mac or PC? im pretty sure (id probably bet money on it!) that a search for something like lighting plan software or something similar will find a topic as I know its been asked before!

hey sorry pc (windows 7 im running)

Ive searched the 'net' and the usual vectorworks etc come up but these all come with 3d visualisers etc all I am wanting is a simple 2d lighting program

And another vote for LXFree.

The interface can be a little "graunchy" at first, but stick with it and it'll do the job just fine.

Ha, it'll even haver a go at colouring in the lanterns with your chosen gel colour.

Dave

Serif Draw - been a user since version nothing, and produces excellent plans, and if you want to draw the real shape of the lights, import an image and draw over the top the curves and straight lines. It's a vector based programme so has full scale drawing facilities, with measurements and proper symbols, but can be used for loads of other things too. Pretty cheap and I cannot fault the product. Serif are a pain for trying to flog you extra things afterwards, but you just need to say no (or yes, if the deal is a good one).

Serif are a pain for trying to flog you extra things afterwards, but you just need to say no (or yes, if the deal is a good one).

Which they often are. Also check out free serif where old versions of the software are often given away. Useful for trials.

http://www.earsmedia.co.uk/dirty.jpg

Here's an example - as Gerry says, the layers capability means you can keep (as in this plan) permanent content on one layer, temporary supports on another, the LX kit on another and then channel numbers on another - giving you the chance to simply tur off the lighting layers and add in a set layer. All the individual fixtures were simply drawn over available images, and then scaled to match the equipment spec - pretty easy.

Archived