32amp extensions

lonfire

Hi,

I'm trying to cost up some 32amp ceeform extension leads.. can somebody tell me what sort of cable should I use.. what BS standard should it comply with..etc.. I've been looking around and the cable diameter depends on distance? I'm looking at a 40m or so run..

thanks

chris

They (TLC) only do up to 2.5mm arctic cable and there standard black PVC (you want rubber or neoprene) cable goes up to a 4mm diameter cores... this is rated at 32amps but as Gareth said you really want 6mm just so the cable can take the full load without problems and over heating... and also looks more professional unloading a cable which most people not industry think has just come of the national grid :rolleyes: (joke before anyone lectures that cable size doesn’t matter just as long as is can take the required load and do the job! :P )

continuing on the above topic.

at plasa this year I spotted some Flat 32A cable , not for sale or anything but running around the outside of one of the follow spot sellers stand,

it looked something like festoon cable but thinner, it was in more of a figure of 8 configuration.

has any one herd of this?

thanks

henny

Archived