Robe DJ Scan 250XT blowing fuses....

norty303

One of my scans decided to not power up at a festival on Friday evening, despite being fine whilst programming on Thursday night.

I swappped out the fuse but it blew immediately, so I left it until I was home.

Unfortunately, I've no idea really where to start looking. Can anyone suggest some items where I could begin testing?

I do have a 'bitsa' donor head that I could swap some stuff out of, but that one also was retired due to being a) surplus and b) also blowing fuses

Here are a couple of pics of the DMX board, transformer and what I believe to be the mains filter

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4769/p1000825m.th.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1797/p1000826v.th.jpg

It is a process of elimination I'm afraid, not easy when the units not in front of you as well.

I'm picking up 2 broken units tomorrow the same as these to repair so I will be of more use when I look at them later in the week and I do have spares for them somewhere too.

If I can help further it would be better to email me with any more questions : jamieshurlock@hotmail.com or sales@jamiesmagictorch.co.uk

Good luck!

jamie

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I've had other good advice on another forum too which was about what I going to do anyway.

Thankfully I've got a ready supply of good heads I can swap out for testing, so long as I can keep supplying it fuses! ;)

Have you got a link, I can't find a support contact for RObe UK on the website, just their main 'info' address.

I've found tt's the AC filter thats the problem so just need a new one. Jamie, can you assist?

I've PM'd you an address. That "info" one is fine as well though. They get back to you very quickly.

Archived