Avolites Tiger Touch Experiences

bjkered

Hi I am interested in peoples real experiences on an Avo Tiger Touch. I am in the process of upgrading an Avo Pearl 2004/2008 ( any offers will be considered PM me).

I am particularly interested in usability in both Live events (is he loss of the roller an issue) and the occasional Theatre environment which is more about how good the new Titan software is.

May I ask that people DO NOT suggest alternatives to AVO been there and got the T'shirt on that topic

Thanks in Advance

I love all the new Titan consoles, there SO much better.

I use the touch a hell of a lot, and its great for everything! Powerful and easy to work with, it just lacks physical play backs for large live busking work!

But that's where the Expert comes in!

I've used the cue stacks plenty of times and there fine for theatre work!

Just get a demo of one somehow :)

+1 on above. We got one to replace a 2004 a few months ago.

It is a joy to work with. I've personally only used it while programming or busking which I've had no problems with.

Also you can't beat drawing pictures on palettes when you are bored... (and pong)

I've had a tiger touch for just over a year now and it has seen extensive use for theatre stacks and also a few busked live gigs and it has excelled at both.

The only concern I've had with using the theater stack is that the preload function (move when dark)seems to behave erratically at best. I have been assured by the nice people on the avo stand at plasa that this will be fixed in titan V5 so that problem shouldn't be around for much longer.

For live work I find I do miss the roller a little but that is more than compensated for by the host of other useful features. I have had the opportunity to use an expert recently and can honestly say I prefer the touch for the type of work I am involved in.

I would say it is definately worth a trip to London to see the guys at avolites so you can get a proper demonstration of the desk, and learn how to use it from the experts.

I would say it is definately worth a trip to London to see the guys at avolites so you can get a proper demonstration of the desk' date=' and learn how to use it from the experts[/size']

Aye.

If thee be a land-lubber, hop in yer carriage and get thee to Avo smartly, or send one o' them new-fangled pigeons to emma (A) avolites.com to get yer free training.

Each of their ships will have different wheels to steer with, ye need to try them all to find out which'll be the one ye sail and which ones ye send to Davy Jones' locker.

Avast!

Hey there!

Best thing to do, if you can.. is pop down to Park royal in london and get a demo and go for training at the same time.

Titan training is free and so is lunch, you also get a tour of the buildings after lunch.

If you cannot pop down at any time, one of the sales guys might be able to come and see you, if that can't happen, PM me and I'll give you a demo/ training where ever you are.

Cheers.

Archived