Midi File Player - USB stick

exaisle

Hi All,

I'm looking for a midi file player which will play midi files directly from a USB memory stick. I do not need a module with onboard sounds as I have more of those than I could shake a stick at.

I currently use a miditemp file player which has a hard drive and which outputs midi on a couple of DIN outputs to my midi matrix and from there to the various keyboards and modules etc.

While the miditemp is very reliable and easy to use, putting new files on the hard drive is a bit cumbersome as it has to be connected to a pc. It would be much simpler to be able to play midis from a USB stick.

All suggestions gratefully received!

E.

Hi Nick,

That would do the job perfectly...and while I share your dislike of fruit-based products also, I think I might have to consider getting over my prejudices in that direction....unless I can find an android-based equivalent.

Thanks for your post...at least I know that there's something out there that will do the job.

Regards,

E.

Can't vouch for it personally because I dislike most fruit based products, but found this the other day when I was looking for another MIDI device:

http://line6.com/midimobilizer/

That the sort of thing you are after? :)

Nick

• 2 months later...

Just as a follow up to this thread, I finally acquired an M-Blaster2 made by ESS which cost me €200 second hand (but pristine).

It plays .mid .kar and .mp3 files and stores them on a CF Compact Flash card (not a USB stick, I know but my PC reads it also).

Not sure if anybody here is familiar with them, but I've found it to be just the job....it does exactly what it says on the tin and I'd recommend it from my limited experience of using it (2 full gigs so far without any glitches).

It's small enough to mount (I use velcro) on the top of my upper keyboard and the display is big enough to be easily visible regardless of lighting conditions.

E.

temporarily out of stock, though - I note

Actually, my delivery note says "No Longer Stocked". When I phoned up to check I was told they would not be restocking these, so had to go for a more expensive model. :(

Archived