What time is it!? (ETC Element)

Garrettgb

Hi There,

this is a bit embarassing, but a venue under my care purchased an ETC element over a year ago, and ever since we've had it, its clock has displayed a time exactly 15 minutes fast. We've scoured the manual, the internet, people locally who consider themselves experts, and still we can't figure out how to change the time on the machine.

For the past year we've just gotten used to the difference and subtracted 15 minutes from the time displayed, but recently it'd caused an argument between an artist and technician during our Fringe Festival when it was believed the artist had run long.

Can anyone help?

Oh, and while we're at it, is there a shortcut to profiling a dimmer as a non-dim on this series of console? Something like the way the strand 520 or 300 do?

Much appreciated,

Garrett G. Barker

Assistant Technical Director

Neptune Theatre

Halifax, Nova Scotia

You need to go into the browser, and choose "Exit Element" (or words to that effect - not in front of the console atm). When you get to the home screen, there's a settings menu there. Hidden somewhere in it is the time and date settings.

To profile as a non did, I use the non dim curve in patch mode. Can't remember the keystrokes to do it without being in front of the console as it's been a while since I've had to do it!

You need to go into the browser, and choose "Exit Element" (or words to that effect - not in front of the console atm). When you get to the home screen, there's a settings menu there. Hidden somewhere in it is the time and date settings.

To profile as a non did, I use the non dim curve in patch mode. Can't remember the keystrokes to do it without being in front of the console as it's been a while since I've had to do it!

Ah ha, of course! I never thought to play around with the buttons that come up during shut down. Thank you so much.

To Profile a Channel as a Non-Dim, go into the Patch screen, select the channel and then click on Type. If you click Generics in the Manufacturers section there are 'Non-Dim at 50%' or Non-Dim at 100% (I think its 100 percent but there's definitely a couple of choices.

Once you've done that you will notice the channel turns into a different kind of tombstone with a nice ND to signify the Non Dimmingness.

Archived