Sennheiser ew100 G2 Problem

Dannydj

Hi guys,

I've had my Sennheiser ew100 G2 radio mic for a while now and love it. Its always worked perfectly but yesterday I went to use it at a gig and the handheld just won't power up. The receiver is working fine. I've tired all the common things, new batteries etc but just cant figure out how it has stopped working all of a sudden.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like the switch is bust, a common problem with these, the switch is so delicate that even moderate force can cause it to disintegrate (and Sennheiser should be ashamed of themselves, such a low grade componant from a highly regarded firm).

You can check by feeling for a click as you press in the red/orange button, or compare to the select/up/down buttons they're the same componant as to whats behind the rubber on/off switch, if there's a difference there's your problem and the switch will need replacing. This may mean returning to Sennheiser or reputable dealer or electronics engineer with the facilty to replace the switch which is available - part no. 45899

Hi guys,

I've had my Sennheiser ew100 G2 radio mic for a while now and love it. Its always worked perfectly but yesterday I went to use it at a gig and the handheld just won't power up. The receiver is working fine. I've tired all the common things, new batteries etc but just cant figure out how it has stopped working all of a sudden.

Any suggestions?

Hi Dannydj,

The end piece is secured by three screws visible when you screw open to replace batteries. they're on the silver threaded part with either a phillips or torx head. once these have been removed the end piece will slide off and you can see if anything is amiss but do take care as three circuit boards (one hidden) and their connecting ribbons will be exposed. If nothing appears broken then a return to Sennheiser may be your only option, unless someone else on here has further advice to offer. Also, when putting the end piece back on take care to line it up correctly, there are two ribs which line up to the widest circuit board but the part will slide up most of the way even when misaligned.

Hi Audionut,

Just had a feel of the on/off button and the clicking is still there which suggests it might not be the switch. Do you know if its possible to open these things up to have a look?

Archived