Video Clip Player

I am involved with a project for someone at the weekend who wants to play either an Mpeg or DivX movie clip running fullscreen on a PC and have it loop until the end of the evening. The problem that I have at the moment is that Windows Media Player and Real One Player revert to the standard resolution (in this case 590x350) when they loop. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get a player that will do what I need by Saturday morning, preferably for free or very cheap!, Thanks in advance, Peter :stagecrew:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a word of warning about DivX.. or was it Realplayer ........ the company were allegidly responsible for a spyware or adware worm which installed itself on to your computer.

Would MS Media player or powerpoint not be a better option?

Yup - When I hit the ADD REPLY button... I did remember the problem was with realplayer........ good job I added allegidly before their names eh???? Or may get another 3-4 of my posts deleted..... !!!! hehehehehehehe

The latest version of Winamp (2.91) now includes video playback, and seems perfectly happy to loop DivX and Mpeg clips fullscreen. (You will need to have the relevant DivX and Mpeg codecs installed, though)

Best of all it's free; http://classic.winamp.com/download/

make sure you get version 2.91 and not version 3 (which is an entirely different piece of software, and much less useful)

...although I just noticed that the original post mentioned a deadline of sometime in May. Well, I've typed this now ;)

Archived