Help

Woodsy12

Hi I am a vocalist having problems with my dynacord powermate 1000 mixing desk amp.

I use it to power 2 ev speakers the right speaker is working fine but the left speaker is going on and off and will only stay on when channel is turned up really loud. I have changed speaker leads and still had problem but problem goes away if I take lead for left speaker out of the back of the desk and run it into the back of the right speaker. Any help to solve this problem or even diagnose it would be grate thanx x

Just to be sure of the problem...from what you say the "left" speaker appears duff. If you take the left o/p from your desk and plug into into the "right" speaker then the right speaker is fine.

If you plug the right channel o/p into the "left" speaker what happens then? IF the "left" speaker continues to not work properly then it may be this speaker has a duff connector or a duff circuit board/crossover or a duff connector to the speaker unit itself. Is the audio distorted or crackly?

The above is presuming I have understood the problem of course. I presume also that you always use the speakers on the same o/ps?

Fault finding is usually a case of substitution and elimination, followed then by repairing/replacing the duff item. Changing the leads, from your post, did not solve the problem as such but confirmed that the amp is ok and the leads are OK, again assuming I have understood your post correctly.

Bound to be more posts from other BR folk so hopefully we can help you solve the problem or at least give you more options to try.

Hi thanx for replying sorry didn't make the problem to clear as I'm rubbish at tech things, the right output on the desk will power both left and right speaker fine but the left output On the back of desk seems to b a problem whichever speaker I plug into it x

Not to worry. Having found that it is the left channel which appears to be at fault, then you can try to follow the input chain from the input sockets through the eqs and so on and so forth. Should the phantom power be on or or for example? Is the kit you are trying to amplify working satis? Can you swap the inputs to the desk?

It would be useful for you to draw up a table and work through the combinations available to you.

If nothing is resolved then it looks as if your next move is to contact customer service and follow their advice for getting your kit sent to a service centre.

Archived