GSA or LAMDA

Hi everyone, I desperately need help making possibly the biggest decision of my career so far.

I have a place at GSA to do the APL 1 year professional production diploma, I have been awarded a DADA award which covers all course fees.

I was completely happy and set on going to GSA until yesterday when I received a phone call from LAMDA offering me a place on the 2 year stage management and technical theatre foundation degree course!

I now have the terrible dilemma of deciding between the two. GSA is a one year course and I will not have to pay the course fees, LAMDA is LAMDA!... although it is 2 years and I will have to take out a loan to pay for it, putting myself into more debt (after already doing a degree in drama and theatre studies) GSA would be the sensible option however I am desperate to go to LAMDA! A

m I being stupid getting so worked up about this? surely both courses will equip me for my future in stage management, but is LAMDA worth the extra year and the extra money?

I have no idea which to choose so I was hoping that some of you who have the experience may be able to shed some light for me.

Thank you in advance. Hannah x

Hello Hannah.

Well, many years ago I was in the same boat! Choice of GSA (as it was then back in Bellairs Rd and the SM workshop in Oaklands road etc) or LAMDA.

In the end I chose GSA. Mainly because of living costs and ease of getting to the school everyday from where I was living - ie, being able to walk there and not having to use tube/bus and so on.

GSA's new building on the University of Surreys site looks stunning and aside from that, the level of tuition and facilities are just as good I think. The contacts for work experience and 'stuff' in London are on a level anyway - so just being an hour away (if that) from London bears no hinderance.

If you do decide to go GSA, say hello to Caroline for me! hehehe :)

Hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...

Archived