Mini 2-Brochure

Ken Coker

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/kclx1/Mini2_02.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/kclx1/Mini2_01.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/kclx1/Mini2_03.jpg

Younger readers may want to Google "discotheques" for a definition.

KC

Hmmmmmmmmm (Sorry Tony)

I do know what a discotheque is, but I am confused by those little black round things that appear scattered on the DJ's desk...

They look a little large to be CDs, and surely they are not much use as plates?

Jim

I'd completely forgotten the Autodesk - if I ever knew it existed to be honest - certainly never saw one. Interestingly at £170 the six way version was over three times the price of a Junior 8 at the time. Clearly the photographer had never been to a Discotheque, is that Brian Legge at the rehearsal position?

I do know what a discotheque is, but I am confused by those little black round things that appear scattered on the DJ's desk...

For me they look like ordinary single play 45 rpm (7" vinyl disk). link to grammophone-record. Oh, I must be old...

I even have a number of 78 rpm stone plates.

regards Kåre

For me they look like ordinary single play 45 rpm (7" vinyl disk). link to grammophone-record. Oh, I must be old...

regards Kåre

Let me assure you that Jim is "senior" enough to have been jesting when suggesting that he didn't recognise the "little black round things"

regards Kåre

Let me assure you that Jim is "senior" enough to have been jesting when suggesting that he didn't recognise the "little black round things"

Ahh, you got me there, of course I should have foreseen that! ;-)

Strangely, I got the ability to grap some old analogue 2 preset desks some months ago, not Rank Strand though, but didn't do it, not even to keep them as souveniers on the memory shelf... Back in the 70ties I dreamed about 2 and 3-preset desks from Rank Strand, while moving one channel resistor dimmers (Junior8). The positive thing is that I feel I can appreciate the evolvement towards todays desks from the struggle of setting up scenes on preset desks. Even with sjablons. With sweat and grin while it lasted, but also with a smile in the end. It was really work, like running a winners mile.

Thanks for the memorable pictures.

Reagards Kåre

Hmmmmmmmmm (Sorry Tony)

Jim

They are analogue Laser discs, or yet to be moulded flower pots ;)

I hope that you are sending this to the Strand Archive.

I have inherited a whole pile of Strand literature - including a 1934 Strand Catalogue and a 1938 Empire Exhibition brochure for Strand's Colour Music; these,sadly are too fragile to flat-bed scan. I might try and scan some of the more robust stuff.

Oh..and a pile of Tabs and the light plots and programmes from a large number of shows at the London Palladium in the 1960s.

I might well be just starting a job where all this junk might be of some use.

KC

Archived