RGB A? Colour Mixing, Gels?

a917917

Hi Guys,

Ive got a show with four lanterns colour washing a white cyc, I would like to use RGB but what fourth colour should I use? I would usually put in an amber as I dont need a true white on the cyc but am not sure, have others found other colours work better?

For the four different gels, RBG and the final one, what gels do you or would you use? I would normally use the primary versions of each but have heard that these dont mix as well as other gels so what would you guys suggest?

Hope you guys can help and I'm not being too stupid or demanding.

Thanks.

a917917

We keep a second set of blue, as the transmission of blue is terrible compared to the others, so RBGB would be my suggestion. That said, you could choose four colours you need for the show rather than trying to mix them - I'm not sure how successful RGB mixing with floods is.

We keep a second set of blue, as the transmission of blue is terrible compared to the others, so RBGB would be my suggestion. That said, you could choose four colours you need for the show rather than trying to mix them - I'm not sure how successful RGB mixing with floods is.

Hi Tom,

Hadnt thought about the strength of the blue before but its a very good point. Ive seen RGB mixing on floods done before and it seems to work well, the reason we've gone for colour mixing rather than 4 standard colours for the show is because its a arts festival where we have different acts/events/bands/gigs on each day and need the ability to change the colour quickly and to different colours, we thought this is the easiest way.

Thanks for your help so far!

I'm another one who always goes for double blue on the cyc - it makes colour mixing much easier. My next option would be an amber, but it's rare that I'd take that over a second set of blue.

In terms of colour, I have often used 106/119/124 - I really don't like 139 or the way it mixes and have found 124 to be a nicer option - others may have different opinions though!

Double blue is not a bad option. I also find an amber or open white or light blue is a good option in a forth cell as it can give the ability to make the cyc lighter.

I like:

Blue: 722

Red: 182

Green: 139

Green I often change depending on the show.

Anna's suggestion of 124 is a good one. As is 122.

Archived