yamaha 01v96 mixing console connection problem

babazaba

Hi

Can anyone please explain how can I connect the Yamaha mixing console 01v96 to a PC ( as I have a windows 7 operating system), and I have installed a sound card RME HDSP 9652?

I want to use optical cable coonections (using 4 optical cables) between the card and the console.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you want to use the ADAT in/outs. The 01V96 can handle 8 in/8 out at 48kHz (less at higher sample rates) via the built in ADAT connectors. If you want to use more ins and outs, you need an extra expansion card in the mixer. An MY8AT give 8 more ins and outs, an MY16AT gives 16 more each way.

You'll probably also want to connect the coaxial wordclock--I usually use the mixer as the source but you can go either way.

Bob

Sounds like you want to use the ADAT in/outs. The 01V96 can handle 8 in/8 out at 48kHz (less at higher sample rates) via the built in ADAT connectors. If you want to use more ins and outs, you need an extra expansion card in the mixer. An MY8AT give 8 more ins and outs, an MY16AT gives 16 more each way.

You'll probably also want to connect the coaxial wordclock--I usually use the mixer as the source but you can go either way.

Bob

thanks for the reply

I have that extantion yamaha card, and I have connected it to to RME card and a PC.

The problem is now that the PC doesnt recognize the mixinng console at all, althought I have downloaded a drivers from the yamahas web site ( I repeat, iam usung a window s 7)?

The sound card seems to be ok!

The problem is now that the PC doesnt recognize the mixinng console at all, althought I have downloaded a drivers from the yamahas web site ( I repeat, iam usung a window s 7)?

The sound card seems to be ok!

The PC has no idea what is connected to the sound card, which is precisely the way it should be. All you're doing is feeding audio in & out of the soundcard - it matters not what the soundcard is connected to. As long as you've set up the routing in the mixer correctly then you should be able to get audio to / from the PC.

What specifically is the problem that you're having?

Though to complicate things further many DAWs embed yamaha studio manager, which over midi or USB can be used to sync the desk to the software (so that each session's settings are recalled with the project file), or to remote control the DAW from the remote fader layer and control knobs.

It's quite an elegant system when setup and working.

As Shez says, the PC won't ever "recognise" the Yamaha, just the RME interface. If it's seeing the ins and outs on the interface, that's as it should be.

You have to go into the mixer routing set up and select the ADAT feeds as the appropriate inputs and outputs from the mixer.

Archived