LED everything

jgilbert

I have been tasked with changing an entire nightclub/stage venue to led. the intention is to save on electricity and have a 'green' lighting system. iv already installed quite a bit of led tech in there already. 15 eurolight led batons, a bunch of led pars, and 16 chauvet qspot led 260's (surprisingly good for a medium sized venue) and some led architectural stuff

however now I am looking at led blinders, strobes, and stage washes. im wanting some white led blinders like the 4 way 650w par 36 blinders. strobes that would be the equivalent (or more) to 1500w strobes and some good stage washes with a good colour to them (not the horrible off white you usually get from colour mixed rgb to white)

so any suggestions, and links to videos would be great thanks.

For me, nothing can beat a proper 4 way Molefay blinder.

This also applies for Xenon Strobes, to get the impact of a proper 1500w strobe your going to need an enormous amount of LED's.

You can get some LED PAR's that just have White and Amber LED's, which from what I've seen are not to bad colour wise, and produce a much better white than RGB fixtures.

I honestly believe that there are some lights that cannot (yet) be replaced with LED's...... and blinders are one of those. LED's have their place, but I believe so do some of the other (older) lighting fixtures... Just my opinion.....

What about the JT Pixeline? They're pretty good, not to sure how they would work for what you're trying to do though. Have some good in built chases.

However the led strobes that I've come across in nightclubs just aren't effective at all

I haven't came across a decent LED strobe yet, but recently I've been using some VaryLED A7s for strobe-like effects, and they are impressive (and seriously bright). Of course, you'd be limited by the beam angle - that isn't a problem for me as I required the directionality, but they (and most other LED fixtures) probably wouldn't make a good general-purpose drop-in replacement for a traditional strobe. It all depends on exactly what you want from them I guess.

As for a LED blinder, you probably won't find anything suitable currently.

LED Blinders are harder to find a replacement for generic, try, the I-Pix range, would be the closer, as for the strobe, the SGM one mentioned earlier, is awesome, a great contender for any current non LED strobe

Have a look at the Chroma Q range, GLP range of moving led washes, Robe units, Or of course there are the likes of the VLX.

We can arrange demos on any of the above units if you would like a look. Please contact me off forum.

Regards

Andy.

Archived