Matt

I have searched through and have nto got a real definite answer, you MUST be 18 or over and qualified to setup/control/let off/supervise any sort of pyrotechnic explosion whether big or small?

correct?

I have searched through and have nto got a real definite answer, you MUST be 18 or over and qualified to setup/control/let off/supervise any sort of pyrotechnic explosion whether big or small?

correct?

As far as I understand, the UK is one of very few countries which do not require pyro operators to be 'qualified pyrotechnicians', or so I've been told. As for the age restriction, I have no idea, but to take part in a pyrotechnics course you would need to be 18 for insurance reasons. I imagine there is a similar insurance reason why a venue would require its operators to be 18. Do correct me if I'm wrong, I've been looking into training as a pyrotechnician also...

This has been discussed between me and Brian in this thread

The conclusion we came to in the end was that there is nowhere where in the law where it specificly states that a Pyro Operator must be over 18 years of age however under the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) if you let someone under 18 fire the pyros then you would not be creating and maintaining a Safe Working environment and so you would be in breach of that.

Sam

This subject has been done to death in this thread and this thread. There's no point in opening a new thread just to cover the same old ground again. If there's something in either of the two old threads on which you need some clarification, please just add a post to the end of the thread and it'll get bumped back to the top of the forum index again.

Archived