Of possible interest to people...

cfmonk

Hmmm - bit of a laugh IMO that job (without seeing the full tender specs)

A total budget of no more than £25,000 exclusive of VAT is available to deliver the technical event services.

For 5 events? with "large scale outdoor lighting, projection and audio"?

combined with this on the website:

SHINE will culminate in the autumn of 2011 with a series of outdoor multi-site illuminated exhibition events. The churches will be brought to life with lighting, sound, moving image and high-tech interaction as we seek out long gone stories as well as more recent recollections.

Makes me worry. That of course is based on me doing a UK->AU conversion - however Cost of Living is on the whole slightly lower over here, which really makes me worry.

5k per show is rather tight.

Provide all necessary infrastructure for each event including installation crew, delivery, power, rigging, weatherproofing, security, insurance, technical support / operation etc.

weatherproofing ? a box full of umbrellas ?

security ? a big dog on a chain ?

power ? a long 13a extension into the chuch ?

how else can you achieve it for the money!!!!

P.

Another one that came my way... Sefton is a bit far away for us to take the lead on it but if anybody is interested then keep us in mind if you need a tent...

https://www.thechest.nwce.gov.uk/procontract/supplier.nsf/frm_opportunity?openForm&contract_id=CONTRACT-NWCE-8KRTLN&opp_id=OPP-HIS-NWCE-8KRTS9&search_id=&org_id=ORG-NWCE-7S9D3G&from=supplier_home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5k per show is rather tight.

Provide all necessary infrastructure for each event including installation crew, delivery, power, rigging, weatherproofing, security, insurance, technical support / operation etc.

weatherproofing ? a box full of umbrellas ?

security ? a big dog on a chain ?

power ? a long 13a extension into the chuch ?

how else can you achieve it for the money!!!!

P.

:** laughs out loud **:

Archived