Discharge Follow Spots

Matt_Student

Thanks, I have found loads of infomation, but nothing which directly explains the operational funtions of the follow spot. im looking at 2 particular models of spot.

the HMI version of the panni, and the Strand Solo CID. if any one could help me on this, im not quite sure where to start looking?

Cheers

Matt

Essentially a followspot is just a profile with nice tactile controls. <_<

If you know what a discharge lamp is (from your Google searches) and know what a profile does you've got your answers. Common features on most followspots are colour magazine to change the colour as well as the standard profile features such as an iris to change the size of the beam, gobo holder to fit in the gate of the fixture and suchlike.

Hope that helps!

yea I understand how the lamp works, but I havnt found the actual purpose for the ballast, which is what I also need, I need to explain how the spot works electrially, and its a bit like indepth for me. the stuff I found is going on about the speed of electrons and there tempature, and every other result was someone trying to sell me them.

cheers for the help guys, I dont spose a member on here knows this stuff adn could pass on to me a little....?

matt

thanks all

yea I understand how the lamp works, but I havnt found the actual purpose for the ballast, which is what I also need, I need to explain how the spot works electrially, and its a bit like indepth for me. the stuff I found is going on about the speed of electrons and there tempature, and every other result was someone trying to sell me them.

cheers for the help guys,  I dont spose a member on here knows this stuff adn could pass on to me a little....?

matt

thanks all

http://members.misty.com/don/dschlamp.html

http://www.lamptech.co.uk

HTH

Archived