VL3500 Menu Lock

spartacus

Hello everyone,

A simple question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have a VL3500 with a menu screen that is locked. ie: the four buttons don't do anything and it permanently reads the DMX address. Now, I assume that this is a deliberate feature and not a malfunction, yet can't seem to find anything as to how to turn it off for me to re-address it. I've tried holding down buttons for a few seconds etc, but with no success. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex.

It is impossible to lock the menu on a VL. Do you have control over the fixture via DMX? If you do you probably just have a bad display card if you have another fixture I suggest trying to swap the display cards over just to check. if not your control card may be dead. I have seen it before where the fixture will cal up correctly but then just freeze and nothing works.

The problem has been solved when it released itself the next day. The DMX always worked, and powering/resetting didn't do anything. Thank you for your help, that is a good point to remember for the future.

Alex.

Archived